Sunday, December 16, 2018

Example of an ACTS prayer with a trinitarian format


Adoration
Holy God, Holy and Mighty,
Holy and Immortal One,
Have mercy upon us.

Gift of the Father’s unfailing grace,
Light from Light; True God from True God,
Dwell among us.

Source of Wisdom, Creation, Compassion,
Bringer of Justice, Peace, and Power,
Fill us.

Confession

You claim us as your sons and your daughters,
one tribe out of all,
but our love fails.

I have not forgiven tresspasses,
I have not loved others as myself,
Save me.

I am not a light to the world,
I am not a servant to others,
Free me.

I do not know how to build a just world,
I am not a peace-maker,
Transform me.

Thanksgiving

(I give thanks for family members, co-workers, and the difficult people in my life.)
Supplication

Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt.
Let me be employed by thee or set aside for thee,
Let me be full,
Let me be empty,
Let me have all things,
Let me have nothing,
I yield.

No comments: