Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Walk This Way

The chart below is the 40-day reading schedule I plan to use the next time moral outrage starts to get the better of me.


It's based on the reading schedule I followed during my lenten reflection on Whiteclay.  The readings start with Jesus setting his face towards Jerusalem and end with the Cross.  The exercise helped me cope with the frustration and anger I felt over the injustice happening in Whiteclay and move into a healthier frame of mind.

I walked the road to the Cross with Jesus, and he walked the streets of Whiteclay and the Pine Ridge Reservation with me,  I trust that he will walk with me the next time I'm confronted with an ugly social truth and try to respond by sticking with it and not look away or get distracted from it.

No comments: