Sunday, May 22, 2011

Church Top Three

This past year I have had the chance to visit many different churches, and I came away from the experience with a clearer sense of what I need from a church-- Praise-filled Worship, Small Groups, and Community Outreach.
  • Praise-filled Worship: I get the most out of worship services where the congregation comes together to praise, give thanks, and acknowledge God as the source of all that is good in their lives. 
  • Small Groups: Meeting with other Christians for prayer, Bible Study, and accountability is crucial to my ability to live out the good gifts I have been given and share them with others. 
  • Community Outreach: I can not say enough about how meaningful I find it to be part of a church that is in ministry to its neighbors.  
In July, I will become the pastor of First UMC in Plattsmouth, Nebraska, and I am eager to talk to my parishioners and learn their Church Top Three list.  From my communications with them thus far I know that they also value works of piety and works of mercy.  I look forward to sharing in these Means of Grace with them.

No comments: