Friday, October 9, 2015

A Fathomless Reservoir

Do you ever imagine that deep in your heart
There might be a fathomless reservoir?
Something that's ancient and hidden and pure?
For our country, that's no metaphor.
-Lyrics from "Ogallala Aquifer" by McCarthy Trenching

McCarthy Trenching performed at an outdoor prayer service that was hosted by the church I attend.  A stanza from the song "Ogallala Aquifer" was so beautiful that I had to share it.  (The link above will take you to recording of the complete song.)

Sometimes during prayer it does feel as if I have tapped into something fathomless and pure.  I'm always on the lookout for ways to communicate what a spiritual experience feels like.  If I use the Ogallala Aquifer as an analogy, would that help others to understand what I'm experiencing when I pray?

No comments: