Monday, May 16, 2016

Corporate Living #9

Corporate Living Principle #9: "Be willing to be criticized for our own good."

I have been following the #umcgc twitter feed seeking updates on what is happening at General Conference. I have also been following Facebook links to blog posts on General Conference. I am seeking evidence of someone receiving criticism, reflecting on its content, considering its source, weighing its merits, and only then responding.  

Such a process would be an indication that this person is someone who is willing to receive correction if their behavior and actions need to be improved. It would also reveal that the criticized trusts the person who gave the critique -- Trusts that the critic has their best interest at heart; Trusts that they share with the critic shares a common set of goals and values; Trusts that the critic will hold them to those shared goals and values.

In short, I am looking for a gracious response to constructive criticism that can serve as an example of Corporate Living Principle #9. I'll let you know when I come across one.

No comments: